Monday, September 14, 2009

Paranormal Activity: Evidence of a Haunting

I consider myself something of a connoisseur when it comes to haunted house movies, so it goes without saying that I am absolutely dying to see Paranormal Activity. The premise of the film is simple, even familiar: A couple thinks their house may be haunted, so they set up a video camera to film the events that take place during the course of the night. In the vein of The Blair Witch Project - which, in my opinion, is a really good film that's seen its reputation tarnished by its notoriety - the movie was made for just $11,000 and has been the talk of several film festivals, including Slamdance and Screamfest. Finally, Paranormal Activity has a distribution deal through Paramount, which means that on September 25th you'll be able to see the film that Bloody-Disgusting calls "one of the scariest movies of all time."

Watch the trailer here:


2 comments:

Hollywood Gothique said...

Technically, it is the woman, not the house, that is haunted in PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. This is a plot device to answer the question: "Well, why don't they just move out?" Moving won't do any good because the ghost or demon will follow her anywhere.

Melissa P said...

You know, at first I thought this was a spoiler, but after I saw the movie I realized they establish this fact within the first 20 minutes! I did like that they answered that question, but I still think they gave the couple too many "outs" that they were stupid not to take. (I mean, they may not have done any good, but it seems like they should've at least tried...)

When you saw the movie, did it have its original ending intact?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin